Date(s) - 26/05/2021
09:30 - 11:30
Hobbs Quarry Forest of Dean. At the end of a small lane, SW of Dursley Cross, 7 miles W of Gloucester on the A40. A meeting to introduce members to this hidden reserve near May Hill: an old limestone quarry abandoned for more than 100 years. Recolonisation from adjacent ancient woodland has given it a rich flora, dormice, and the quarry face has many fossils. Park at the end of the lane just beyond the reserve entrance, SO 695 195.
Leaders Jane Price and Tiz Butler.
Please book through Des Marshall (07968 419813; [email protected])
1. Members will need to pre-book through Des Marshall and receive a confirmation that they have a place.
2. Equipment and books should not be shared or passed round.
3. Members are asked to maintain a two-metre distance between each other.
4. Members are advised to bring hand sanitiser and face mask.
5. Members should be aware of their own risk level and the suitability of this activity.
6. Please do not come if you are showing any symptoms of Covid 19 or have recently been in contact with anyone who has contracted Covid.